Oreo - And Brownie! - Dirt Cake

Monday, October 29, 2012


I mentioned here that we had our 1st Annual Tucker Halloween Party! Since I was bound and determined to consume an absurd amount of sugar, I decided to make an Oreo Dirt Cake. When it was all said and done it somehow ended up with brownie in it as well. Oops! I might be addicted to delicious food.

Here is what I used:

- 1 package of Oreos
- One pan of brownies
- 8oz. of softened cream cheese
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 16oz. of Cool Whip (yum!)
- 1 cup of powered sugar
- 2 packages of instant vanilla pudding

This dirty little recipe (haha, I crack myself up) got started by crushing all the Oreos (and eating a few here and there). When I had them good and beat to death crushed, I began on my Cool Whip concoction. Mix the cream cheese, Cool Whip, and powdered sugar together until blended (Side note: I may have "tested" each step of this process to ensure the finest flavors were being made). Once my Cool Whip fluff-stuff was blended, I mixed the milk, vanilla, and instant pudding in a separate bowl. Let that mixture firm up a bit and form a puddin' like texture. Once again, try to mixture to make sure it isn't poison :)


Here is where I would change what I did. I didn't mix the pudding and Cool Whip mixture, and instead layered them. Next time I will blend them together. Less steps and still (I am assuming) the same to-die-for taste.

And now is where the extra calories ingredient got added in. I took a look at all the prepped items and was afraid there would not be enough to fill my bowl/feed everyone, so I decided to bake a pan of brownies and mix the crushed Oreos in with the fudge brownies. Are you drooling yet? Because at this point in the cake-making-process I had consumed my weight in sugar and had not eaten a balanced meal since lunch. YOLO. Whoop!

Crushed Oreos and brownies. How good would this be with ice cream?!?!
Once you have everything prepped - crushed Oreos/brownie, Cool Whip fluff-stuff, and pudding - it is time to start layering. I put mine in one of my favorite bowls my Mom gave me. It is glass so people can see the scrumptious layers, but any large bowl would work. Start with layering the bottom with the crushed Oreos and brownies, then the Cool whip fluff, then pudding, then Oreos/brownies. Repeat until you have a) licked the bowls clean, or b) run out of room in your bowl.


I made mine Friday night (Such an exciting couple Chris and I are. We bake and go to bed at 9:00pm on Fridays. We are that cool.) so it could chill overnight.

It was so freaking good. That is the only way to describe it. And it was a total hit at the party. I will be making this again!

Have you made any delicious/spooky Halloween treats?!?

2 comments:

  1. I love making this, have you ever tried it with the oreo pudding too? I made it last year and made it adult style. I used baileys & kahlua to make the puddin' Yums. Your party looked like a lot of fun! ps...you can never have enough sugar at a Halloween party, it's the point;)

    ReplyDelete