Resolution Recap: February, no time to shop

Tuesday, March 5, 2013


I told y'all how last month was easy peasy. This whole resolution thing is cray-cray. Seriously, y'all. No kidding. I may be slightly delirious and drunk on Berry Kix and Red Bull, but I am for-rizzle when I say that I am two months in and I feel so changed.

Similar to January, February has proved to be nothing short of busy. Lately all I have been doing is whining about how I have no time for anything (blah, blah, blah), and I am exhausted. Well, I am! Through the exhaustion I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I am slightly scared. Wanna know why?

You see, this resolution has been so freakin' easy thus far due to my lack of availability to even grace the mall with my presence. I have no time to even grocery shop. I feed my dogs week-old leftovers because most stores aren't open at midnight when I come home, and you can bet I'm not stopping at Wal-Mart. Chris has been traveling a ton lately, so little to no housework is getting done. 2013 has been a blur. 

Back to the reason I am scared of the light. I am currently working 30 hours days, seven days a week. This will all come to a screeching halt on April 15th, and even more so on May 18th when I graduate grad school. April 16th I won't work and until late August my work schedule will go back to normal and I will have plenty of time on my hands. When Sarah used to have plenty of time on her hands, she shopped. This year I plan on doing house projects, tanning my pale-bod, working out, and walking my dogs...since they are gaining weight from Papa John's pizza and Coke in their water bowl. Ok, totally kidding about the Coke, but the pizza...moving on. 

I am constantly praying that God continue to make this process so easy for me. I am realizing daily how blessed I am.

It is March 5th and I have yet to repeat one blouse/top/shirt this year.

Let me repeat a reason why I was greedy and had my head stuck in a materialistic word I am doing this challenge:

I HAVE NOT REPEATED ONE BLOUSE/TOP/SHIRT THIS ENTIRE YEAR

God has shown me I have plenty. I am, for the first time ever, enjoying my entire wardrobe. Yes, there are days when I wear my not-so-favorite-outfit, but hey, some people would kill for 1/8 of what I have.

The only thing I have desired, which I desired before my resolution started, is new tennis shoes. I know I have tons of pairs, but you have to remember:
- my newest pair is three years old
- I played sports in college, so ALL my tennis shoes got tons of use
- they have holes in them
- they aren't comfortable
- basically I should have convinced you by now that I need new tennis shoes

I am trying to be patient for our anniversary, but I have been working out about five days a week, so it is only a matter of time before they give out.

So let's recap: February contained my birthday and Valentines...yet I bought no new clothes (besides sports bras, definitely needed and justified in the rules). I would say this is a winning month!

Below are most of my outfits from February! 























Can you believe it is already March?! Holy moly!
Let me know if you want to know where something is from. Homework is calling my name...no time to list sources for clothes, although blogging > homework. Blah.
Happy Tuesday!

Linking up with Lisette!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. i really admire that you were able to utilize your closet!! sometimes we all get wrapped up in buying new things but it is awesome to take a step back and re-purpose old items with newer ones for completely new looks! i dont know my point of this comment but i think its awesome you are doing a no-spending thing, even if you are working more hours than the day actually has in it!

    ps- so creepy of me but can you upload a pic of your hair on here because it is AWESOME! (from what i could see in that one pic). i'm trying to do something new with my hair and i love the look of yours!

    ok. that was even weirder. :) seeya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all those adorable outfits you don't even NEED any new clothes!! I do admire your goal though. Keep us updated. And now I need some recent pictures of your dogs. Mmmmm, k? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy you haven't repeated a top!!! You always look so cute...so thrilled the challenge is going so well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love it, you are such an inspiration!!! I think new tennies are definitely valid though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome. Love love love the outfits, Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm so impressed with your ability to work that much and still look cute, go to school, blog and workout!! Seriously you must be superwoman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still SOOO impressed with this!!! Come pair stuff together in my closet please!! I'm horrible at branching out with different pieces of clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so cool! You look great, I would LOVE to own most of those shirts!

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um....can you share your closet with me???? PLease!!!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed! I'm sure it does help being busy, but it's still great that you're sticking to your resolution! Love all the variety of looks you found in your closet. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great outfits! Love all your fun patterned tops.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am LOVING your outfits- you have a fabulous sense of style and I am in awe that you are doing this no-shopping challenge. That takes a lot of self control- not sure if I have it. Maybe I should start small and give up shopping for Lent?! So curious to see how it goes the rest of the year- best of luck to ya girl! You can do it..very inspiring!
    Valerie
    www.the-style-files.com

    ReplyDelete