Dressing Room Diaries

Friday, May 5, 2017

This Sunday we are taking family pictures. Like with a real photographer! I'm really excited because these will be the first 'official' family pictures we've had since Graham was born.

I knew we needed coordinating outfits, so I ran into Old Navy after work yesterday to try some stuff on and get G and Chris something to wear. 

We are taking pictures outside in a field/wooded area, so I tried sticking to neutrals. Also, I am always about comfort, so I went for things that I felt comfortable being photographed in. 

For reference, I am 5'3", athletic build. I weigh 130 pounds and like my clothes loose. I wear size 2/4 pants and my shirt/dress size ranges from XS-M depending on the style and fit. I am not large chested (obviously), so sometimes I have to size down my tops to accommodate for a low cut. 

Option #1:

I was drawn to this linen-blend romper because the stripes were subdued enough to go well with other neutrals. I also love how linen photographs. I would pair this with some brown wedges or sandals, for a more casual look.  

I have no torso and would consider myself 'hippy', so the pockets really accentuated my hips. I also loved that the straps had two adjustable lengths. Ultimately, I carried it with me to the register, but decided to go with a couple dresses below. I'm wearing a medium. 







Option#2:

I got this dress because, y'all, I felt like I was wearing a mumu!! I am alllll about the loose, flowy dresses. Although the length took me out of my comfort zone, because I tend to steer towards shorter dresses because I'm short, I couldn't help but imagine pairing this with some nude wedges or sandals and going out to dinner! 

Also, the lace detail!! I love the wider straps, too. It felt secure and had the right about of coverage for a mom worried about her little one pulling her top off (me raising hand!). There is the tie option, but I prefer it without on my frame. I'm wearing a medium, but I bought the small. The medium was just a tad too loose in the chest area. 






Option #3:

I honestly have no complaints about this dress whatsoever! What I can complain about is that I'm 5'3" and this dress was just too long for me. It is definitely meant for a taller girl. I'm wearing a medium, but sizing down didn't help the length. 



Option #4: 

The winner! Even though I got the green dress with the lace detail, this is the dress I will be wearing for our pictures! Everything about it is me, and I felt so comfortable in it! It is the perfect length, it isn't tight on my body at all, I'm obsessed with shift dresses, and it is perfect for outside pictures. 

I am going to pair it with my favorite clogs, some chunky earrings, and I'll be good to go! I'm wearing a medium. 






Option #5:

I say option 5, but this wasn't an option for pictures. This dress is just something you could live in! It is so soft!! Plus, it was really cheap! Throw it on with some Converse and you're good to go. 

I'm wearing a medium, but sized down. You can see under my arms how it was pretty big. 



Bonus:

You can never have enough pajama shorts, right?


Happy Friday! Have a wonderful weekend, friends!


1 comment: